2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following Personal Information:
- personal identification information including: name, email, telephone number, shipping and billing addresses, and optionally, date of birth and gender; and
- information about the products that you purchase or consider purchasing from us.
3. How Do We Collect and Store Your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- information submitted through our website;
- in some cases, through web analytics
- through communications with you, including emails, text message, voice calls, and via social media applications; and
- when you order products from us.
We hold Personal Information:
- in systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers; and
- in our hard copy files; and
- in the databases associated with our website.
Providing it is lawful and practical, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself, using a pseudonym, or not providing Personal Information when you enter into a transaction or deal with us. If you elect not to provide us with Personal Information then we may not be able to provide you with the information, products, services or support that you may want. For example, we need a name, address and payment details to send products to you.
We may receive other unsolicited Personal Information in the course of our business. We will deal with this unsolicited Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you;
- legal obligations we may have to keep (or destroy) your data; or
- legal advice we receive (such as in regard to litigation, regulatory investigations or applicable statutes of limitation).
When your Personal Information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
4. What Do We Use Your Personal Information For?
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- processing orders that you have made through our website;
- delivering to you the goods that you have ordered and provide you with customer service following these orders;
- sending subscription emails;
- conducting marketing and sales promotions;
- promoting our goods and services;
- improving the website experience of our visitors; and
- if you choose to provide us with your date of birth and/or gender, we may use it to send you birthday offers or other promotions.
We also use Personal Information for our own internal business purposes including:
- data analysis to improve our products and services;
- auditing our internal processes to ensure they function as intended and that we comply with regulatory requirements;
- fraud and security monitoring;
- developing new products and services;
- identifying usage trends so we can understand which of our goods and services are of most interest to our customers;
- determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns so that we can adapt to the needs and interests of our customers; and
- operating and expanding our business activities such as understanding which of our services are of most interest to our customers, so we can focus on our customers’ needs.
5. Do we share your information?
We may send Personal Information outside Australia in the following circumstances:
- where our website, or any hosting service we use to support our managed services, software or software as a service, is hosted by us or a third party, and the hosting facilities and/or the back-up/disaster recovery sites are located overseas. We have no control over where these third-party providers host the website and it is impractical for us to be able to advise you of the countries where the Personal Information may be held or processed;
- where a third-party application is being used in connection with our interactions with you, e.g. when we use email, help desk or VoIP providers, the third-party providers of the relevant application may have their applications hosted overseas. We have no control over where these third-party providers host their applications and it is impractical for us to be able to advise you of the countries where the Personal Information may be held or processed.
When we send Personal Information outside Australia for processing we will enter into formal contracts with those processors, which will contact privacy terms and conditions that allow us to meet our privacy obligations to you.
6. Use of Social Media
Our website includes links to social media, including blogs, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and similar services. The nature of social media is that these applications actively enable exchange and disclosure of any information, whether personal or otherwise, that is included within those applications. All information, including Personal Information that you enter in those applications may be used, stored, handled and disclosed in any way that is consistent with the privacy policies of the relevant applications, if any. We have no control over those interactions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- allowing you to sign in faster, and keeping you signed in;
- saving items in your cart; and,
- to track how the site is used.
8. Links to other Websites and Applications
Our website includes links to other websites, applications and tools that are not owned or operated by us. We not responsible for the content of those websites, applications or tools, nor for any products, services or information contained in them or offered through them. You should review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of those websites, applications and tools when you visit them.
9. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold, and request that it be rectified or erased. If you want to access your Personal Information we hold or you believe any of your Personal Information that is held by us is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, you can contact us, and we will either provide you with access to the Personal Information (in so far as we are required to do so by law,) or we will correct it, as applicable, within a reasonable period. We may make a reasonable charge for giving you access to your Personal Information, but we will not charge for you making the request, correcting Personal Information or making a statement as to why we are not correcting your Personal Information.
In certain circumstances if you raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you may also request that we ‘restrict processing’ meaning that the data will be preserved from further processing ‘as evidence’ either while we investigate your complaint or to support your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.
Where you have provided your personal data directly to us that is processed by automated means and is done so solely on the basis of your consent, then you will have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in an electronic format for your own purposes across different services.
You have the right to object any aspect of our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances under the GDPR. ‘Processing’ is the term under that law that describes all uses of your personal data. This will include the collection, sharing, storage, retention and destruction of your data.
You may unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time. We will not send you direct marketing without your consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link within each email.
We will use our best efforts to respond to any complaint within 5 business days of the date of receipt. We will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
11. Contacting Us